WHO ARE THEY:
Wales’s largest Farmer Co-operative, have an opportunity for a Branch Assistant to work at their Felinfach site. The ideal candidate will be available to cover at their Tregaron & Newcastle Emlyn site also.
The role involves assisting the Branch Manager in all aspects of the day-to-day operation of this busy and successful agricultural co-operative site, working as part of an enthusiastic team to supply farmer members and country customers.
- To ensure that the retail area remains staffed during the hours required.
- To ensure that customers are served promptly and courteously within the standards set by Head Office.
- To ensure that customer requests, queries and complaints are dealt with courteously.
- To ensure that the department for which you are responsible is opened on time.
- To advise the Branch Manager if there is inadequate stock at the Branch. Also advise on slow moving stock.
- To support the Branch Manager with any stocktaking exercises.
- To ensure that the retail area is kept clean and tidy, the stock is maintained in an orderly manner and that the goods are displayed in accordance with the instruction of Head Office staff. All goods in the retail area need to be dusted regularly and the floors and windows should be kept clean.
- To ensure that the goods in the retail area are displayed in a way which maximises sales.
- To ensure stock is rotated and displayed to meet seasonal requirements as instructed by the Branch Manager or Branch Manager Assistant.
- To ensure that the till receipts tally with the invoices and that the cash and credit card takings are correctly recorded.
- To ensure that no cheques are accepted without a valid banker’s card unless previously agreed by the Branch Manager.
- To ensure shrinkage, waste and damage to stock items is minimised.
- To report to the Branch Manager if major customer accounts defect to competitors, or if competitive activity in your local area is affecting your sales. Suggest remedial action to overcome the problems.
- To actively promote the sales of products and services, particularly special campaigns as directed from Head Office.
- To ensure that the site is kept to the required UFAS standards.
- To ensure that all documentation complies with the current UFAS Code of Practice.
- To perform any other reasonable duties which may be necessary for the efficient running of the retail area, and as directed by management staff.
- Farming knowledge an advantage.
- Retail sales experience preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills, works effectively within a team.
- A pro-active approach to work and problem solving.
- Ability to engage with customers, understand their needs to provide exceptional levels of service.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.