Our Client, a global medical manufacturer based in Carmarthenshire are looking for a Buyer to join their innovative team.
- Sourcing materials and services to support the business needs.
- Managing supplier performance and relationships to optimise manufacturing efficiency and ensure future growth and improved customer experience.
- To work on strategic supply chain projects to add value and/or mitigate risk.
- Raise and issue purchase orders in line with Company approval levels.
- Ensure order acknowledgements are received, checked, queries are resolved and Syspro is updated.
- Expedite orders.
- Resolve Goods In and invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain the ERP system ( Syspro) to ensure accurate item information cost / lead time / UOM / supplier item data.
- Sourcing & resourcing purchased stocked and non-stocked items as required.
- Responsible for negotiating best total value in line with departmental KPIs and approval levels.
- To support supplier delivery performance improvement in line with departmental KPIs.
- Support the Quality dept on any supplier quality issues as requested.
- To lead and/or support strategic supply chain projects as agreed with the purchasing manager.
- To carry out supplier assessments and business review meetings.
- To follow internal QMS procedures relating to new and existing suppliers.
- To support and work with an authorised Magstim member in connection with T&Cs/contracts/SLA.
- Flexible when working or managing change.
- A positive attitude towards continued learning
- Completer, finisher approach
- Good level of attention to detail
- Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Work logically and systematically
- Good time management
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chains
- Use of ERP/MRP systems
- Analytical tools such as Pivot tables and Power BI
- Minimum 1 year experience of working in a purchasing role preferably within a manufacturing or retail environment.
- Use of management systems such as ERP and MRP
- CIPS qualified or equivalent experience-based learning.