Are you passionate about transforming concepts into detailed technical drawings? Do you have a keen eye for precision and accuracy? Join this dynamic team as a CAD Technician and play a pivotal role in bringing our innovative projects to life. Based in Carmarthenshire, close to St Clears.
Up to 40k per annum
About the role
A leading engineering and design firm specializing in bespoke engineering service in production and erection of steel buildings. With a strong focus on excellence, creativity, and sustainability, They take pride in delivering cutting-edge solutions to their clients’ most complex challenges. As they continue to expand their portfolio, we are seeking a talented CAD Technician to join their growing team.
- Providing input for project designs and reports
- Structural designs, particularly steel frame buildings.
- Liaising with other designers and external consultants to enable co-ordination of project drawings
- Detailing and drawing more steel frame orientated buildings
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and project managers to create detailed 2D and 3D technical drawings using CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.).
- Review and interpret design specifications, sketches, and other documentation to accurately represent concepts and ideas.
- Ensure drawings comply with industry standards, regulations, and client requirements.
- Conduct regular quality checks to identify and rectify errors or discrepancies in drawings.
- Maintain organised records of drawings, revisions, and related project documents.
- Contribute to design discussions and provide valuable input to optimize project outcomes.
- Assist in generating material lists and preparing documentation for project proposals.
- Stay up-to-date with CAD software advancements and industry best practices.
- Proven experience as a CAD Technician or similar role.
- Proficiency in using CAD software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.).
- Strong technical and mathematical aptitude.
- Knowledge of the steel industry would be advantageous
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills to convey complex technical information.
- A diploma or degree in relevant subject or maybe you are still in University.
- You could also be qualified by equivalent work experience.
- ***This is a site based role NOT remote – You will live within a commutable distance of the site or plan to relocate to West Wales prior to starting work if successful.
What’s in it for you;
- Salary up to 40k dependant on experience and qualifications
- Ongoing training and qualifications as required
- Christmas close down
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Monday to Friday working – flexible working hours to suit
What to do next
If you are excited to be a part of their creative team and have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Please click on the apply button now and we will be in touch.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community