WHO ARE THEY:
Our client, a leading UK based private label manufacturer based in the beautiful countryside of Llangadog, are currently seeking a Commercial Accountant to join their friendly team on a permanent basis.
- Month end stock valuation, including mass balance reconciliation and investigating differences
- Attending stock takes to validate and sign off the count
- Reconcile the bill of materials held in the manufacturing system to the financial system (sage 200) weekly
- Set up new products in the financial system for both bought in and manufactured lines, including new product groups, customers, and suppliers
- Ensure that the financial system reflects the latest Bill of Materials
- Prepare costings for new lines using the most up to date information available
- Support the sales director in preparation of tender information
- Complete detail pricing reviews to ensure cost inflation is being reflected in current pricing
- Update customer price books for selling price changes and set up new Price Bands for new customers.
- Assist in the month end process with various ad hoc reports
- Support the finance side of the department with various day to day tasks – authorising PO’s, payments etc
- Produce weekly outstanding PO report and resolve issues with PO originator
- Interrogate costs and identify areas where costs can be saved to include a review of current supplier contracts and agreements
- Provide cover for both sales and purchase ledger functions, as well as for the financial controller when not in the office, this will include the preparation of weekly KPI reports
- Monitor project costs against projections
- Work with other members of the finance team in interrogating product margins.
- Be the first point of contact for the business for any sage or telecoms issues, reporting these to the relevant contractor and ensuring they are resolved quickly
- The ideal candidate will need to have an advanced knowledge of excel and be able to manipulate and interpret large volumes of data, have a methodical and can-do attitude and work to tight time scales.
- Be hands on and be able to step in and cover what’s needed within a small team
- Sage Line 200 experience an advantage.
- Have a methodical and a can-do attitude, whilst working to tight time scales.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community