WHO ARE THEY ..
Our client are a family run Civil Engineering and Facilities management company based in Pembrokeshire.
If you are an experienced Contracts Manager with a background in the civils industry, this is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation where your contributions will shape the company’s future.
Contract Manager (Oil & Gas) – Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire
- Prepare contract tenders for new and existing projects working closely with other Contract Managers, Quantity Surveyors and supplier/sub-contractor partners.
- On the successful award of each contract, the Contract Manager will be accountable for the mobilisation of labour, plant and equipment to the respective sites
- Manage the purchase and delivery of equipment and materials required in the execution of the works.
- Oversee the safe execution of the works and the timely handover and demobilisation.
- Prepare level 3 schedule for the works and monitor progress against it.
- Be the main point of contact on all technical and commercial matters with each client and will be required to visit each site on a periodic basis to ensure compliance with the specifications and standards.
- Ensure contracts are executed safely, on time and within schedule
WHAT YOU WILL NEED..
- The ideal candidate will have a background in the civil construction industry with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and ideally have prior experience with COMAH sites.
- Must have demonstrated commitment to health and safety protocols in the construction industry.
- While a civil engineering degree would be advantageous, it is not mandatory for this role.
- Candidate will have strong project management skills with experience in managing multiple simultaneous projects with a proven track record in leadership.
- This role will require excellent communication and people management skills and have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the client and company organisation.
- Candidate will be familiar with project planning and programming software such as MS Projects and have prior experience in preparing project quotations working collaboratively with company Quantity Surveyors.
- Given the nature of our business, though the majority of our work is in the Milford Haven Estuary area, some project sites can be located UK wide, and therefore the successful candidate must be prepared for travel, particularly during site establishment and periodically throughout the contract.