Our clients Animal Nutrition Business is the leading product specialist. A fast growing, ambitious, international, they turn their passion for nutrition into great products.
We are recruiting for a Demand Planner to join their team on a Fixed Term Contract for 12-14 months.
Salary £30k – £34k
Fixed Term for 12-14 months
Based in Royston, Cambridgeshire
WHO ARE THEY:
The Demand Planner is responsible for the monthly business demand planning process that provides an unconstrained demand plan with clear assumptions so that the Supply Planners can balance the manufacturing facilities to provide a cost optimal plan whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service and reducing disposals.
- Manage the Demand Process to support the overall S&OP framework
- Collecting and analysing data, to report and collate into transparent KPI measures
- Develop IFS and Demand Client to support the monthly demand process.
- Actively participate in the use of Continuous Improvement
- Driving Change Management, Standardisation and Behaviours into all aspects of the Demand Planning part of the S&OP process
- Ownership of the Demand Forecasting – communicating open and closing deadlines, holding monthly meetings with regional sale managers, reviewing sales figures, and ensuring forecast is updated within demand client.
- Capturing forecaster’s monthly assumptions
- Proactive review of input forecasts, challenge numbers and manage query resolutions
- Measuring and reviewing forecaster’s compliance to the process
- Producing a set of output reports and analysis
- Communicating final monthly forecast, feedback is communicated to participants and stakeholders
- Actively participate in project work, leading any Demand Planning work-streams.
- Identifying forecasting techniques best practice, then assisting with knowledge sharing and training across the business manager forecasters
- Optimise the use of Demand Client in alignment and collaboration with PDI
- Report on performance against the agreed KPI’s
- Participate in Key Customer Meetings to improve Demand Planning Forecast, supporting Sales managers.
- Experience of Planning and ERP systems
- Advanced level computer literacy – specifically Microsoft Word / Power-Point /Excel
- High level of competency regarding capturing, documenting, and reviewing processes/process flows.
- Experience within a customer care role would be an advantage.
- Continuous Improvement ethos.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a busy workload, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good literacy, numeracy, and high degree of computer literacy.
- Flexible – able to change direction appropriately to meet job demands
- Capability to work through challenges to achieve success and will see things through to completion and driving others to the same.
- Ability to build strong relationships (internally and externally) through collaboration and a high focus on customers.
What’s in it for you…
Salary up to 34k
Fixed Term for 12-14 months
Based in Royston, Cambridgeshire or Port Talbot, South Wales.
25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
Enhanced Company’s pension provider.
Performance related pay when eligible
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community