Development Project Officer wanted to develop and support the project management of new food hubs. Actively seek out and develop opportunities to add value and collaborate with other related hub activity across Pembrokeshire/Carmarthenshire/Ceredigion regions.
What will you be doing.
This is an exciting, new project were you will actively seek out and develop opportunities to add value to the project as well as collaborate with other related community food and distribution organisations across the 3 counties in West Wales.
- Recruit and develop positive relationships with Welsh food producers, suppliers and wholesalers to become hub suppliers
- Recruit and develop positive relationships with community groups
- Support community groups and suppliers to resolve any potential issues in the running of hubs
- Support groups to identify accessible venues and produce suppliers and actively facilitate this progress of setting up the hubs – being on hand to groups and suppliers to ensure the process goes smoothly
- Update and maintain supplier and hub database including data and KPI information
- Record and collect evidence of hub activity in line with project guidelines and indicators
- Support project delivery – support the project to keep on track with activity and KPI’s
- Identify linkages and add value across the hubs and proactively develop these ideas
- Ensure that best practice is shared across the area through developing case studies, learning exchange events, study visits
- Write progress reports highlighting key project achievements in line with overall programme performance indicators for funders and programme stakeholders
- Share project communication with the team to feed in to programme communication plan design and delivery
- Attend steering group meetings to report on project progress
- Regularly update social media and on line platforms with project progress
- Maintain a professional and positive relationship with other members of staff and steering group members
- A little about you and your skills.
- A professional, proactive approach with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Project management skills and experience desirable
- Experience of developing and delivering community or enterprise projects
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks proactively
- Excellent administration skills
- Full car driving licence and the use of a suitable vehicle for work is essential for this position.
What is in it for you.
- £25,000 plus employer’s enhanced pension & travel expenses
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week – Part time hours considered
- Office based in Narberth, however you will be expected to spend time across the Pembrokeshire/Carmarthenshire/Ceredigion region. (This position may involve working some evenings and weekends)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Join an exciting organisation and make an impact to the rural communities across West Wales.
- Free onsite parking
- Initially this role if offered on a fixed term contract until June 2023 pending new contracts post this date.
What to do now..
Click on apply or contact Claire 01267610900