We are recruiting for a Development Project Officer to develop and support the project management of Pembrokeshire Fresh Community Vending.
£25,000 plus employer’s enhanced pension & travel expenses
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
Initially this role if offered on a fixed term contract until June 2023 pending new contracts post this date.
What will you be doing.
This is an exciting, new project were you will actively seek out and develop opportunities to add value to the project as well as collaborate with other related community food vending and distribution organisations across Pembrokeshire.
- Provide dynamic support to communities, business and public sector organisations to develop vending/drop box points in line with the overarching development strategy objectives
- Recruit and develop positive relationships with Welsh food producers, suppliers and wholesalers to become vending suppliers
- Recruit and develop positive relationships with community groups with a view to setting up vending machine points
- Support suppliers and community groups to resolve any potential issues in the running of the vending points
- Support groups to identify accessible venues and produce suppliers
- Update and maintain supplier and vending database including data and KPI information
- Record and collect evidence of vending activity in line with project guidelines and indicators
- Support project delivery – support the project to keep on track with activity and KPI’s
- Identify linkages and add value across the local food distribution and develop these ideas
- Ensure that best practice is shared across the area through developing case studies, learning exchange events, study visits
- Write progress reports highlighting key project achievements in line with overall programme performance indicators
- Share project communication with the team to feed into programme communication plan
- Attend steering group meetings to report on project progress
- Regularly update social media and online platforms with project and progress
- Maintain a professional and positive relationship with other members of staff and steering group members
- To undertake all reasonable additional activities as agreed with your line manager
A little about you and your skills.
- A professional, proactive approach with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Project management skills and experience
- Experience of developing and delivering community or enterprise projects
- Knowledge of challenges and opportunities within Pembrokeshire and South West Wales
- A strong communicator with group facilitation skills
- Self-disciplined, with a positive, flexible attitude and approach to working on own initiative and able to work as part of a team
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks proactively
- Excellent administration skills
- Full car driving licence and the use of a suitable vehicle for work.
What is in it for you.
- £25,000 plus employer’s enhanced pension & travel expenses
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
- Office based in Narberth, however you will be expected to spend time across the Pembrokeshire region. (This position may involve working some evenings and weekends)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Join an exciting organisation and make an impact to the rural communities across West Wales.
- Free onsite parking
- Initially this role if offered on a fixed term contract until June 2023 pending new contracts post this date.
What to do now..
Click on apply or contact Claire 01267610900 [email protected]