To provide EHS, Support Services and General Maintenance to the site. This includes Environmental including waste management systems. To perform and aid on site projects and improvements.
- To be responsible in processing general, clinical, and hazardous waste by:
- Maintaining service areas
- Coordinating the processing and removal of hazardous and clinical waste
- Coordinating removal of effluent tanker collection ready for removal of site effluent
- Liaising with Waste Contractors for appropriate removal in a timely fashion
- To obtain and review required documentation for contractors who attend the site, update contractor control spreadsheets and issue permits to work and where required. Accompany contractors as required.
- To ensure that the site general maintenance, grounds are kept in good condition.
- To coordinate site diesel deliveries when required.
- To be responsible for performing various routine monitoring and checking e.g., Legionella Testing, pH monitoring, spill kits, ladders etc.
- To ensure that there is minimal impact to the Manufacturing team with regards to effluent, adverse weather including pre, during and post general hours for gritting, tanker collection etc.
- To complete and maintain accurate records including general office tasks as required (scanning, filing etc)
- Carry out planned work orders in a timely manner.
- To raise EHS Incident reports and complete actions in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with company values.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the Line Manager
Education and Experience
- A good standard of general education.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable although training will be provided.
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate a level of understanding of commonly used office software such as excel and word.
- Experience and licence for Forklift Truck driving desirable although not essential as training would be provided.
- Familiarity with risk assessments and COSHH assessments would be desirable although not essential, as training would be provided.
- Environmental, qualification would be desirable although not essential as training would be provided (IOSH Managing Safely, Environmental and Waste training etc.)
Skills and Attributes
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Needs to be methodical, organised and show attention to all detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise urgent tasks (when required)
- A proactive, practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- To deal with contractors daily.
- Ability to work without supervision and as a part of a team to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Have a flexible and willing attitude, as planned on-call rota for weekends (Friday evening to Monday morning) and overtime will be required to deliver departmental activities.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.