WHO ARE THEY:
Our client, a highly reputable and regarded Diocesan charity is recruiting a Finance Assistant (AAT) to join their busy team Nr Carmarthen.
To contribute to the effective and efficient financial administration of the DBF and Diocese and supporting the work of the Finance Manager
Support the work of the Finance Manager in his/her day-to-day management of Diocesan finances
- Provide general support to the Finance Manager as required.
- Allocate correct nominal coding.
- Verify accuracy of all invoices payable
- Administer BACS and other systems to facilitate payments as required.
- To enter all suppliers’ invoices, remittance documentation, arrange payment on a regular basis and record all payments on the system.
- Credit Control
- To carry out monthly bank reconciliations
- Depositing payments
- To administer the payments of expenses, allowances, and grants etc.
- Supply information to the Auditors as required.
- Prepare annual statements of investments held.
Using Sage Accounting software to maintain accurate data, generate transactions, bank reconciliations, and produce reports as required
- Ensure that the data on the system is current and accurate.
- Ensure accuracy of all systems input.
- Produce reports in respect of supplier and customer accounts as required.
- Interrogate the system to provide statistics and reports when required.
- Follow up discrepancies.
To be a key and active member of the Diocesan Finance Team
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with the Finance Assistant to provide a smooth and efficient service in the Diocesan Office
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with the Diocesan Administrative Team as required.
- Receive incoming telephone calls and direct calls appropriately.
- Take a pro-active role in helping to keep the workplace tidy, pleasant, and safe.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- To prepare and provide appropriate financial information as required.
- To undertake any reasonable and/or delegated tasks as required.
- AAT Qualified.
- Be willing to work towards ACCA.
- Welsh Speaker desirable.
- Relevant Bookkeeping experience.
- SAGE experience.
- Numerate & Literate.
- Microsoft Excel experience.
- Experience of working in a Charitable organisation desirable.
- Able to work to deadlines.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community