Becoming a Finance Assistant
Undertaking this important role will involve you performing various duties to the best of your ability.
Becoming part of their team will introduce you to the wonderful work they do and allow you to gain a deep understanding of the framework upon which the organisation stands so strong.
This role is permanent so offers itself as a great opportunity to showcase your skills whilst at the same time developing new skills.
- Grade D salary £27,126 – £29,942 per annum.
- Full time
What to expect
We are looking for a suitably qualified individual to join our clients small Finance Team. You will be contributing to the effective and efficient financial administration of their foundation and their wider associates.
The Key Responsibilities of this post are as follows:
- Support the work of the Finance Manager in his/her day-to-day management of the finances. Specifically allocating correct nominal coding and verify accuracy of all invoices payable. A general eagle-eyed surveillance.
- Using Sage Accounting software to maintain accurate data, generate transactions, bank reconciliations, and administer BACS and other systems to facilitate payments so that it is possible to produce reports as required
- Contribute to the financial administration of the company. This involves entering suppliers’ invoices, remittance documentation, arranging payment on a regular basis to ensure no opportunities are missed, Credit control, monthly bank reconciliations, depositing payments, administer the payments of expenses, allowances, and grants.
- To provide all necessary financial support as required. This also involves ensuring the data on the system is current and accurate and following up any discrepancies.
- Be a key and active member of the team. This involves creating and maintaining close relationships with different members of the team so that the work, flows within the company. Also liaising and maintaining relationships with clients of the company, through appropriate telephone manner and at times attending meetings and taking minutes as required.
Why Our Client?
Our client is a highly reputable organisation that splits its time and efforts across the counties of Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- AAT qualification or ACCA (can be training towards)
- Experience of working with charitable organisation or show a keen interest in the community.
- Good team player
- High level of attention to detail and working to deadlines
- Bookkeeping experience desirable
- Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SAGE accounting
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexible with regard to your approach to work
- Competent with Welsh speaking (Desirable but not essential)
- Contributory pension scheme available
- Competitive salary
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community