WHO ARE THEY:
Our client, the oldest welfare charity in the UK is currently recruiting a General Manager to join their team for 18 months as they establish a local Carmarthenshire branch.
The role of the General Manager will be essential in the coming years as they rebuild their presence in the community and develop as a branch.
- Manage day-to-day operational activities of the branch, including but not limited to:
- o Supporting volunteers in their day-to-day activities and managing queries and issues
- o Liaising with the inspectorate where necessary
- o First point of contact for members of the public where necessary
- o Managing branch public-facing events
- Manage the branch’s social media accounts, including monitoring posts and interacting with the public.
- Accountable for the Branch website
- Supervise the Branch team and volunteers, including recruitment, organising volunteering schedules, and developing team culture and morale.
- Prepare reports for the board of trustees.
- Uphold Health & Safety regulations within the Branch Offices and at Branch events.
- Upholding safeguarding regulations and training
- Responsible for delivering strategy agreed upon by the board, including fundraising and recruitment.
- Run ad-hoc Branch Projects
- Support in monitoring the Branch budget.
- Support the charity shops as and when required.
- Any other tasks/responsibilities Commensurate with the role
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience, preferably in the third/charity sector
- Delivering Business Strategies
- Previous experience in monitoring financial management
- Volunteer management experience
- Customer service experience
- Coordinating events, preferably fundraising
- Strong ICT Skills
- Organised with attention to detail.
- Preparing and delivering reports to stakeholders.
- Welsh Speaker / Willingness to learn.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.