WHO ARE THEY
A flagship UK energy site based in Pembrokeshire, Wales.
A Health, Safety and Environment Officer will play a key role within a busy Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of Health and Safety advice on matters including personnel safety, emergency preparedness and response, COMAH, incident response and investigation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for verification and validation of all aspects of Health, Safety and Environment matters and support to line management in ensuring compliance with the company safety policies. Other duties include identifying hazards, risk assessment and the implementation of appropriate safety controls. You will be a source of advice in regard to incident prevention, safety legislation and the promotion of health and personnel safety.
- Provides safety and loss prevention information, support and mentorship to personnel and contractors.
- Participates in planning meetings, risk assessments, toolbox talks, safety meetings, etc.
- Assists with the development and implementation of safe operating and emergency procedures, manuals, bulletins and other safety publications.
- Supports desktop and live emergency exercises to ensure the emergency response personnel are trained and competent.
- Validates and completes verification activities to ensure it meets policies and procedures and HSE standards/best practice.
- Validates the quality of all work permit systems including specific focus on Isolations (electrical & mechanical, SIMOPS etc.)
- Conducts workplace inspections and risk analysis.
- Ensures all HSE safe working practices are in place to protect personnel and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Leads HSE incident, accident and near miss investigations.
- Carries out high risk task walk-downs to provide independent oversight.
- Holds SME roles as directed (ie. Crane and lifting equipment SME etc)
- Is part of incident control management during incidents or emergencies.
- Supports desktop and live emergency exercises to ensure the emergency response personnel are trained and competent. Is part of incident control management during incidents or emergencies.
- Acts as the focal point on environmental matter and supports the investigation of environmental incidents, non-compliances, emergencies and spill response, in line with Terminal Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in auditing of site environmental performance by internal and external stakeholders/regulatory bodies and provides regular reports on environmental performance.
- Keeps abreast of new developments, safe working practices and regulations and assesses opportunities/
- Communicating information to and from management, the worksite or committees. Delivers Health & Safety related training to personnel and visitors.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Hold a NEBOSH certificate or equivalent.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Ideally hold Level 5 Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety Practice (e.g .NEBOSH Diploma).
- Proven experience of safety, health & the environment management in an industrial sector.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (IOSH)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a can-do approach and a passion for helping the business to succeed.
- An ability to coach and mentor field safety performance with productive results.
- Experience of risk assessment techniques
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Generous pension
- Private family health and dental care
- Annual bonus
- Life Assurance & Group Income Protection
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
- Electric Vehicle Leasing*
- Gym Subsidy
Please apply below.