WHO ARE THEY:
Our client is a public sector organisation that helps keep the community safe and save lives.
They are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety & Welfare Manager to join them for a Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2023.
- Manage and maintain the Service’s Health, Safety and Welfare objectives and provide advice and assistance as required to department members to facilitate departmental objectives.
- To conduct Health, Safety and Welfare Audits of Stations, Departments, and other Service Sites to ensure compliance with legislation and ensuring that they are followed up to a satisfactory conclusion.
- To deliver briefings and training sessions to Service personnel to increase their awareness of the Service Health and Safety arrangements which is to include Induction training for all new employees.
- To monitor, prepare and distribute Injury Performance Statistics across the Service monthly.
- In liaison with the Environment & Sustainability Manager, to oversee the procurement of items for the department and monitor the department budget, preparing a monthly budget return and highlighting areas of concern to the Head of Corporate Risk.
- To organise, plan and run the Service Health, Safety & Welfare Consultative Committee Meeting; include the issue of Agenda’s, Minutes and Action list.
- To undertake accident investigations as appropriate.
- Review Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, Manual Handling Assessments, Noise Assessments and DSE Assessments to ensure legal compliance.
- To represent the Head of Corporate Risk at meetings where required
- To develop a thorough understanding of the different functions associated with the Corporate Risk Department to enable the department to maintain long term resilience in its delivery of Service
- To undertake administrative duties within the Corporate Risk Department as required
- Relevant degree of professional qualification or relevant experience
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Awareness of BS OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001
- Understanding of Data Protection principles and issues relating to disclosure of personal information
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation
- Possession of a current driving licence that will enable the post holder to carry out the duties of the post in full
- Proven experience of meeting compliances to tight deadlines
- Evidence of undertaking health and safety audits
- Evidence of providing health, safety, and welfare training.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community