Our client, a global leader within the energy sector on a flagship UK energy site are currently recruiting for a HR Officer to join them permanently in Milford Haven.
The Human Resources Officer must have a clear understanding of Policies, Procedures, and the Company Objectives to implement and comply with them.
Delivering a high-quality customer service to all staff by working with employees at all levels. Dealing with strategy and long-term HR planning to ensure compliance and best practices are adhered to as well as staff welfare and administration activities.
Administering and coordinating HR activities and processes including, performance reviews, recruitment, absence management, compensation, payroll, and occupational health
- Assists line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Drives the implementation of HR policies and strategies such as performance management, health and wellbeing, recruitment, and engagement.
- Responsible for the implementation of Occupational Health management and staff wellbeing programs and substance misuse matters.
- Recruits staff by owning job descriptions, interviewing, and selecting candidates.
- Maintains, updates, and improves the staff communications both formal through the electronic handbook and informal.
- Advises on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotions and benefits.
- Responsible for the administration of payroll, benefits, organisation charts and maintaining employee records.
- Coordinates the annual performance review process.
- Interprets and advises on employment law matters to ensure full compliance.
- Responsible for contributing to the development and application of effective Employee Relations; advises managers on disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Updates and maintains HR analytical and statistical data including KPI’s.
- Performs other duties commensurate with the role and experience as instructed by the HR Manager.
- Acts as the business lead for the HR aspects of the HR and Training system.
- To act as Human Resource Manager as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- CIPD Level 5 desired but not essential
- Diploma / Certificate of Professional Competence Occupational Hygiene desired but not essential
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with attention to detail
- Able to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral presentation skills and ability to listen.
- Comfortable with both management and workplace style interactions
- Ability to create a partnership approach to Business line / HR interactions, strategy and workplans
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organisational culture where necessary
- Ability to interpret statistical data and employment law and communicate in an understandable manner
- Strong influencing and negotiating to implement HR policies effectively
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community