WHO ARE THEY:
Our client is a public sector organisation that helps keep the community safe and save lives.
They are currently recruiting for an ICT Training Officer to join them permanently.
The main purpose of the role is to create and run training sessions and materials for the service
- Ensure staff are compliant with the ISPD and that all work carried out is done with respect to the policy and other Service policies such as Data Processing policies.
- To comply with health and safety guidelines and all other Service employment related policies
- Helping to ensure the current Service objectives are delivered and reported on
- Complete regular self-directed learning as required for your role or as directed by the Head of Department to ensure you have continuous personal development
- Deliver technical training to groups of up to 50 people in an engaging manner and conducive to technical learning
- Deliver training in a classroom (follow-along or set exercises) format
- Utilise good literacy and design skills suitable for creating engaging and easy to understand documentation utilising elements such as flowcharts, diagram, screenshots, photos, and text.
- Create video tutorials including screen recordings, voice over and basic video editing skills to create quality content.
- Train ICT colleagues in the use of new software, new ways of using software or new systems so they can support end users
- Utilise advance notices of new features to software systems, such as office 365, to determine the usefulness of those features for the organisation and then create a bulletin or training as appropriate to the use of those new features to the relevant personnel or departments.
- Manage, review and update training course and materials on a regular basis and as required
- Good understanding of technical terms, ICT hardware and software, contemporary ICT best practices and understanding ICT specifications
- At least 3 years continuous experience as a trainer delivering courses on a regular basis
- Ability to create engaging multimedia presentations
- Ability to deliver pre-recorded and live training over video conferencing platforms such as Microsoft Teams
- Ability to deliver seminar training face-to-face to up to 50 people
- Enthusiastic and committed approach to providing a quality service
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment
- Hold a current driving licence
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community