WHO ARE THEY:
Our client, a large food manufacturing business based in beautiful Narberth are looking for an experienced Hygiene & Laboratory Manager to join their team on a fixed term contract for 12 months!
To manage the implementation and operation of the factory laboratory function, as well as GMP and hygiene systems to ensure product and process conformance to their required standards.
- Set the direction of and manage the factory laboratory functions to ensure a reliable service to the business.
- Be the point of escalation for lab issues and manage the collaboration of external stakeholders.
- Manage and develop the laboratory staff, with responsibility for the people processes of the department.
- Ensure appropriate knowledge and competence of all staff operating within the laboratory.
- Develop and issue the Internal Compliance Plan for the lab. Ensure the lab follows the site QMS requirements including YMSP & KPT.
- Lead quality in water treatment and CIP management.
- Define, document, implement and support factory GMP and hygiene standards.
- Manage and develop the factory hygiene and GMP auditing programme.
- Maintain the pest control programmes to company standards and act as IPM Champion.
- Ensure 7-day laboratory operation, maintain personal knowledge and competence.
- University degree, preferably in Microbiology, Chemistry or Food Science.
- Leader in a technical/production environment.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
- HACCP or Food Safety & Compliance.
- Leadership and people development skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community