WHO ARE THEY:
Our client, a large food manufacturing business based in beautiful Narberth are looking for an experienced Laboratory Technician to join their team!
The main purpose of the role is to complete all factory laboratory activities to ensure an efficient, timely and cost-effective service is provided to the business, whilst maintaining all required legal standards.
- Conduct required sampling and subsequent microbiological, chemical, and sensory analysis according to the site QMS and other documented standards (including finished products, materials, process samples, and Keeping Quality samples). Where necessary manage the outsourcing of analysis to approved certified external laboratories.
- Maintain all required knowledge and training and ensure laboratory testing is subject to appropriate quality control to confirm that results are accurate and reliable.
- Ensure the laboratory is stocked with required and compliant equipment and consumable materials to ensure accurate and timely analysis.
- Promote compliance to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) in all activities undertaken by the laboratory, including the requirements of hygiene control. Support and have an input into risk assessments for the laboratory, following all safety requirements. Follow the requirements of the Internal Control Plan.
- Maintain the QA equipment service and calibration program (including all laboratory and critical process equipment) and order and maintain analysis consumables.
- Provide appropriate training to operations teams on sampling, sensory programme, and any other elements required.
- Science degree in Biology, Chemistry, or similar discipline, or at least 3 years working in a Microbiology environment.
- Strong experience working in a flexible team environment
- Self-motivated to complete workload each day with minimal supervision
- Good laboratory practice experience
- Basic knowledge of Food Safety and quality (HACCP)
- Experience of Approved testing methodologies
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community