Maintenance Engineer wanted to undertake preventive and reactive maintenance at this International company based at the Baglan, Port Talbot Factory due to growth within the business.
Monday to Friday working hours
A little about the role and what you would be doing
- To carry out preventive maintenance on all processes as allocated on IFS Service and Maintenance.
- To carry out reactive maintenance when a breakdown of a process or any plant occurs, to endeavour to carry out the repair right first time with a methodical approach to fault finding and carry out all works ‘Right First Time’
- To enter all relevant data into IFS Service and Maintenance providing accurate information of work done, time on the job, and parts used.
- To raise a permit to work or a hazard awareness form before commencing work to ensure all hazards that may cause a risk to health and safety are identified and reduced/eliminated.
- To lock off any process before commencing any invasive work that may create a H&S hazard.
- To work safely and report all H&S incidences as and when they occur.
- To use the engineering library to gain knowledge of equipment/processes.
- To carry out all works on site either in the workshops or on the shop floor working to the ‘Clean-as-you-go’ policy.
What skills & experience do you need;
- ONC Engineering or equivalent (minimum) in an electrical biased mechanical discipline.
- Time served apprenticeship in an manufacturing environment
- 5 years’ experience in industry (preferably dairy)
- Intermediate HACCP food safety qualification desirable
- Ideally you will be living locally to the plant and have your own transport
What’s in it for you…
- Salary 32-37k
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Flexible Retirement Plan
- Performance related pay scheme
- Highly competitive, enhanced pension plan
- Ongoing career development and training
What do you do now…
Press the apply button or email an up to date CV [email protected]