WHO ARE THEY
Our client plays a key role in the energy sector and has a great reputation as a local employer. We are proud to work with them in recruiting a Management Accountant on a permanent basis
The Management Accountant is responsible for the preparation and delivery of high-quality cost and financial data in order to support Senior Management decision making. The Management Accountant will coordinate the Company’s budgeting process and participate in month-end close procedures.
- Provides quality management reporting support to the organisation on company performance, cost control.
- Coordinates the annual budgeting process, supporting budget holders in establishing and monitoring operating and project budgets.
- Supports in maintaining financial models to record and report cost performance against budget and contracts and identifies efficiencies to aid management decisions
- Evaluates business case proposals for key expenditure.
- Coordinates project cost accounting to record and monitor capital expenditure.
- Supports in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Participates in the month-end close procedures, including the calculation of accruals, inventory adjustments, cost allocations, entering of journals and account reconciliations.
- Compiles data analysis to support external reporting including tax and National Statistics forms.
- Maintains accounts receivable ledger and miscellaneous billing as required.
- Provides accounts payable support, including recording, reviewing and payment of invoices.
- Participates in the Company’s business planning process, including set-up and monitoring of KPI’s across the organisation.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
- On site parking. Onsite canteen
- Working for a company that really values and looks after their staff.
- Salary range starts at £55- £60k
- Many additional benefits – list available on request
- To be considered for this position you will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and/or qualified AAT or part qualified accountant (ACCA/ CIMA)
- experience in general accounting, budgeting and cost management.
- Computer literate with advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to present data in a variety of formats is essential.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community