WHO ARE THEY:
An exciting opportunity to work in the Planning team for our client within the food manufacturing industry, based in Narberth.
As MRP Planner you are responsible for ensuring material availability in line with production requirements, reaching stock cover targets and minimising total delivered cost.
- Ensure raw/packaging material is available on time in full and in Quality at the best overall cost for seamless manufacturing in line with the purchasing plan
- Create the production plan for each of the production lines based on sales forecast and stock holding
- To provide suppliers with forecast for raw material usage based on the production place
- Schedule materials in line with the proposed purchasing requisitions and maintain the purchasing plans.
- Monitor supply signals using MRP purchase requisitions ensuring delivery dates, lead times and required quantities are correct and finally creating purchase orders using a template delivery plan.
- Manages directly with the defined supplier the delivery of materials according to storage limitation. This includes creating, sending, confirming, receiving, investigating errors and discrepancies on blocked or parked invoice lines, and handling all exceptions / issues in those operations, including claims management.
- Manage obsolete stock and write off raw material and packaging material.
- Monitor and communicate vendor performance. Ensuring excellent relationships are built and maintained.
- Ensure effective communication and close collaboration with all internal partners in the factory, purchasing, and external partners such as suppliers, customers, and transport providers
- Conduct root cause analysis and drive continuous improvement
- Collaborate in the daily planning process, considering the planning cycles and suppliers’ constraints
- Carry out other duties within the Logistics Department which contribute to the overall success of the factory site
To be successful in this this role we would expect you to have passion for building relationships, customer service and a keen eye for detail.
- Have MRP experience in a previous role.
- Have Supply Chain knowledge from time spent in a planning, demand, export, or logistics role within a factory environment.
- Exposure to customer service.
- Highly computer literate with confidence and proven ability to work on Excel.
- SAP experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage stakeholders across all levels.
- Analytical, ability to challenge with a proactive mindset.
- You will be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and have a good eye for detail.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community