WHO ARE THEY:
Our client, a co-operative of organic family farms, are currently looking for a Milk Operations Administrator.
Be responsible for the administration of all data pertaining to bulk milk collections and deliveries. Liaise with the MD and farmer members to ensure the smooth running of the milk brokerage service.
- Input of all data relating to milk collections and deliveries into MAPS plus reconciling monthly collections and deliveries to ensure that all data has been received. Ensure that all documentation relating to collections and deliveries is received and filed.
- Farmer Liaison – deal with all enquiries relating to members, milk collections and hauliers, relevant licencing bodies, and Government departments.
- Administration – be responsible for the day to day filing and storage of all Member documentation for example Farm Assurance, Organic Certification, and health schemes, where necessary to comply with any statutory requirements and company requirements, in line with daily and weekly management procedures required by the company.
- Maintain financial accounts (Sage) relating to the operation of the raw milk business.
- After a suitable period of employment and training have a complete understanding of the milk operations, to include knowledge of how milk collections are planned and balanced to meet customer requirements, legal obligations, and cost efficiencies.
- Attend training sessions, meetings and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Make sure that communications with other members of staff, customers and suppliers helps the development of good working relationships and profitable business.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Undertake any other tasks requested by the Company from time to time.
- A knowledge of Dairy farming useful but not essential
- Good communication skills needed.
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
- Knowledge of any accounting software packages desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages essential.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.