Our client supplies a wide range of agricultural inputs to both livestock, and arable farmers. They also provide grain and marketing services and nothing shy of expert advice on animal nutrition and health, and crop production.
Becoming a Mill Operative Undertaking this important role will involve you to perform a wide variety of operative and associated tasks effectively and safely.
What to expect
- Competently conduct the whole range of Mill Operator tasks as directed by the Mill Supervisor, whilst carrying out a rotating shift-based role when necessary
- To work with existing mill staff in order to learn the core skills required.
- To effectively perform routine tasks as identified by the Mill Supervisor, including a variety of cleaning duties as and when required.
- Gain a complete understanding of the feed manufacturing process while using the computer-controlled systems.
- Working within a noisy and dusty environment
- Operation of mill plant and machinery
- Some manual handling
- Possible forklift driving
- Assisting with both cleaning and some mechanical maintenance duties (following specific required training as deemed necessary)
- Compliance with various quality procedures and regulations to ensure that all health and safety, and UFAS procedures are followed, and ensure that any necessary changes in procedures are properly implemented.
- To share day to day responsibility for maintaining health & safety within the mill area including any situations with potential environmental impact
- Regularly update your line manager with any information that can affect the smooth operation of the mill, the department, or the division as a whole.
- Manage own time effectively, ensuring value for money in role.
Why Our client?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of not only a team who prides themselves on quality, but to join their network base which extends throughout the UK. You will soon become part of their community in which, there is an abundance of opportunities waiting for you.
- A team player
- I.T literate
- Willing to work shifts including nights (Possible substantial rate of pay if circumstances are met)
- Manual handling
- Effective communication
Get in touch! Don’t miss an excellent opportunity to better your skills and enhance your portfolio.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community