Becoming a Money Matters Project Assistant. Undertaking this important role will involve you performing various duties to the best of your ability.
What to expect:
Our client is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join their team, to act as the first point of contact for carers wanting to access information & support to maximise their income.
Answering telephone calls and registering carers and the individuals they care for on our Customer Relationship Management system, Charity Log.
Overall Aims of the post:
- To act as the first point of contact for carers wanting to access information & support to maximise their income.
- Work with colleagues to ensure carers are supported to access other existing services.
Areas of Responsibility:
- To act as the point of contact for carers wanting to access the range of grants, discounts and concessions available to them and the individuals they care for.
- To accept and process new referrals into the Money Matters Project ensuring that all relevant information is collated at the point of referral
- To provide factsheets and information to carers on income maximisation and grants
- To perform initial checks for eligibility of grant applicants across all grants
- To collate and distribute documents for the grants panel meetings
- To assist grants panel with the production of reports
- To work with partner agencies and others who may have contact with carers in their caring role, to increase the number of carers known to the service and to other services in Carmarthenshire.
- To raise carer awareness through involvement in carer and related community events e.g. Carers Week and Carers Rights Day.
Team working/Networking and Liaison:
- To foster and maintain existing partnerships with a wide range of statutory, voluntary and community group and forums across the county.
- To offer and provide team cover and continuity of services to carers in the event of colleagues planned/unplanned absence i.e., annual leave etc.
- To maintain accurate case records on our Customer Relationship Management system
- To liaise with colleagues and source and book suitable community-based venues across Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire to hold carer training and workshops.
- To assist in collating carer feedback and information to evidence need for improvement of existing carers services and/or development of new services
- To assist in the preparation of information reports as required by funders.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, adopting safe working practices always.
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children.
- To work at all times within the philosophy and policies of Carers Trust.
- To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and with Carers Trust policy, paying particular attention to the reporting of dangerous situations.
Why Our Client?
Our client is a highly reputable organisation that splits its time and efforts across the counties of Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire.
- Experience providing administrative support to project / teams / services
- Working with and implementing policies, procedures, and guidance
- Solution focussed / problem solving ability
- A good standard of general education or ability to demonstrate relevant experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised working methods with an ability to write and update accurate records
- Ability to use IT effectively including email, Word, and experience of using data bases
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use your initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload
- Good self-awareness and commitment to continuous professional development
- An understanding of carers and the impact of caring
- Clear understanding of the Health & Safety at Work Act and own and others’ responsibilities
- Valid Driving Licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community