WHO ARE THEY:
Our client, a creative and digital centre based in Carmarthen is currently recruiting a Part-Qualified Accountant to join their friendly team.
FTC (Maternity Cover)
You will be responsible for the content cost control activities and budgetary reporting including providing professional advice to enable informed decision making.
- Assist the Financial Controller and the Legal and Business Affairs teams with all aspects of finance and contract administration, including programmes, multimedia material and other general business contracts. This will include processing payments for the budget you are responsible for administering in accordance with the relevant agreements and ensuring that the correct details are available to other departments.
- Ensure reports are prepared and maintained detailing financial budgets, payments and cash flow for all content and content-related budgets, across all platforms. This will include ensuring that all payments are made to suppliers in accordance with contracts.
- Attend budget meetings as required to present and discuss the finance reports.
- Ensure systems are in place to ensure regular reports can be produced to reflect content costs, hours of broadcast, stock, payments, and commitments.
- In addition to the above, prepare detailed monthly budget reports for all budgets under your control, together with any fees associated with publishing across all platforms.
- Prepare professional advice and share timely information with budget holder to enable informed decisions.
- Provide support on financial matters and contract management to the Legal and Business Affairs teams and to various budget holders.
- Assist with end of year financial reports as required.
- Assist with audits of content productions as required.
- Producing VAT reports.
- Develop new spreadsheets to help manage budget and prepare ad hoc reports as required by the Chief Finance Officer and the Financial Controller.
- Deputy for the Financial Controller in her absence.
- Liaising with suppliers and all other departments.
- Contribute to meetings and discussions in relation to your main responsibilities and beyond for the good of S4C in general.
- A Part-Qualified Accountant
- At least one year of experience post qualification.
- Knowledge of finance systems.
- A high level of personal integrity.
- Willingness to work flexibly.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.