WHO ARE THEY
Our public sector client is looking for an experienced payroll person to join their HR payroll department as manager! Do you have payroll experience, if so that this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
The role is Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, 37 hours per week. It is based in Carmarthen town.
The successful candidate will report to the HR Manager. Here’s a little bit about what the role entails;
- To deliver an efficient and effective payroll service to ensure prompt and accurate payment of salaries to all employees.
- Sustain and advance any necessary additional software to assist in the Payroll process.
- Develop and maintain payroll procedures – in relation with relevant policies.
- Keep up to date with information and knowledge of National and Local Conditions of Service.
- Monitor and provide information from the Payroll system to meet the requirements of those who require such information, taking cognisance of the necessary Data Protection Principles.
- Develop and maintain, in conjunction with BAS Micro Imaging, the Alchemy archive system to scan and store all payroll data in compliance with Inland Revenue regulations for data retention.
- Discuss and liaise with external correspondents in any Payroll matter where and when necessary. E.g Solicitors, HMRC.
- Technical knowledge of all payroll practices.
- Experience within a similar role/environment – Experience does not strictly have to be within a public sector.
- Relevant experience of the role – wouldn’t be ruled out if skills can be transferred as long as they have the capabilities/knowledge and understanding of the role.