We are recruiting for a Produce Officer to develop and support the project management of suppliers with community food hubs.
Join an exciting, growing organisation and make an impact to the rural communities across West Wales
What will you be doing.
This is an exciting and interesting role to engage with regional food networks and business groups, related the projects, liaising with food producers, wholesalers, growers and suppliers across southwest Wales.
- Actively seek out and develop opportunities to add value and collaborate with other related hub activity
- Recruit and develop positive relationships with Welsh food producers, suppliers and wholesalers to become food hub suppliers
- Work closely alongside development officers to ensure supply and communities are joined up.
- Act as negotiator for supplies for the food hubs, ensuring best match is allocated to the food hubs based on their requirements – supporting growth and promoting short supply chains
- Support food hubs t resolve any potential supply issues in their running
- Support the project to engage suppliers for the long term
- Write progress reports highlighting key project achievements in line with overall programme performance indicators
- Regularly update social media and online platforms with project and hub progress
A little about you;
- A professional, proactive approach with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience of engaging with food producers, wholesalers and commerce desirable
- Experience of developing and delivering community or enterprise projects specifically around food producers
- Knowledge of challenges and opportunities within Pembrokeshire/Carmarthenshire/Ceredigion suppliers along with sound geographical knowledge of the areas
- A strong communicator and solution focused
- Self-disciplined, with a positive, flexible attitude and approach to working on own initiative and able to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks proactively
- Full car driving licence and the use of a suitable vehicle for work.
- Ability to speak Welsh advantageous
What is in it for you;
- £25,000 (pro rata) plus employer’s, enhanced pension & travel expenses
- 3 days per week ideally (22.5 hours per week initially with a view to increasing) Part time hours initially increasing to full time – negotiable
- Office based but you will be expected to spend time working in the community with suppliers this could involve evenings and weekends.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free onsite parking
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Join an exciting, growing organisation and make an impact to the rural communities across West Wales
- Initially this role is offered on a fixed term contract until June 2023 pending on new contracts post this date.
What to do now..
Click on apply or contact Claire 01267610900 [email protected]