To manufacture biopharmaceuticals, intermediates, and other products to defined standards of quality, GMP and safety. A member of the production team who provides direct support to the running of the manufacturing area and thereby ensuring the manufacturing schedule is met.
- To ensure that the manufacturing facility and the activities that take place within it are all compliant with cGMP and EHS regulations.
- To proactively support the production team to meet the manufacturing schedule.
- To perform and record cleaning of process equipment and plant in accordance with relevant documentation and procedures.
- To follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Quality Records (QRs) and Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs) and to participate in the generation, completion, and review of such documentation, when required, to agreed timelines.
- To conduct accurate batch manufacturing data collection activities and ensure such data collection tools are always maintained.
- To document all EHS incidents and cGMP events to agreed timelines using the required business systems.
- To participate in subsequent root cause investigations and perform corrective and preventative activities that may be assigned, on time.
- Carry out quality and safety audits as directed by the Senior Production Technician.
Education and Experience
- Ideally educated to GCSE – HND/C standard in a relevant Science subject and / or experience of working in a manufacturing environment that employs a quality system (cGMP, ISO9001).
- A good understanding of cGMP and EHS practices.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and the application of 5S desirable.
- Computer literate.
Skills and Attributes
- I Must have good listening skills and be able to follow instructions and guidance.
- Needs to be methodical, organised and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and demonstrate initiative, when required.
- Must be able to train others and deliver clear instruction, when required.
- Must have a flexible, positive, and willing attitude at all times.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.