Project Manager wanted for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract in the heart of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park on the West Coast of Wales, the only Coastal National Park in Great Britain.
You will ideally be a Project Manager looking for a new challenge in Pembrokeshire where you will ideally currently reside.
Degree educated with five years relevant experience, or a relevant vocational qualification (HND/HNC/NVQ3/BTEC/foundation degree) in subjects, including: Project management, construction management, quantity surveying.
About your new role as the Project Manager…
- Project Management support to all the departments within the organisation
- Work with the Project Managers and Project Support Officer to deliver projects using the organisations Project Management Procedure.
- Lead the development of projects with respect to planning, delivering and reporting.
- Ensure that Projects are managed to time and budget.
- Adhere to / champion the financial, procurement and management policies.
- Ensure that projects adhere to current standards including health and safety requirements.
- Manage in partnership with Health and Safety Manager full compliance with CDM regulations including maintenance of all relevant documentation records.
- Build working relationships between teams to ensure flexible working practices across the sites.
- Foster a culture of development where ‘experts’ share their knowledge and develop others.
- Proactively seek to develop your skills in line with the role requirements and changes in technology.
- Sets high expectations and pays attention to detail to ensure projects run efficiently.
- Other duties of a similar level as required.
About you and what you need…
- Degree educated with five years relevant experience, or a relevant vocational qualification (HND/HNC/NVQ3/BTEC/foundation degree) in subjects, including: Project management, construction management, quantity surveying.
- Chartered status or working to Chartered stats or equivalent.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of best practice and current standards within building and engineering.
- Proven project management experience.
- Methodical approach with attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar an advantage.
- Be able to visualise and explain technical solutions by tailoring the information to the level of the recipient.
- Strong decision-making skills but being aware of their technical limitations and knowing when to refer.
- Knowledge of change management and processes
- Live locally in Pembrokeshire due to the nature of the role and the ability to attend client meetings at short notice
What’s in it for you….
Salary 40k (12 month Fixed term Contract)
Monday to Friday working hours although as this position will involve working outside in inclement weather and some out of hours/call out working including working nights you will need to be flexible
Do not delay in applying or email an up to date CV to [email protected]