WHO ARE THEY:
Our client is a small civil engineering company based in Pembrokeshire, focusing on the oil, gas, and renewable sectors. They have more recently diversified into large-scale ground mount solar PV, utilising partnerships to gain entry to one of the fastest growing markets in the UK.
As Quantity Surveyor/Estimator you will play a pivotal role in the success of all projects by:
- Preparing material take-offs to develop estimates of materials, labour and services required, and assist with preparation of contracts and associated documents.
- Commercially managing assigned projects. This will include supporting the Project Manager and/or Site Manager in managing the cost performance of the project.
- Managing the budget from outset to completion, flagging and preparing variations or changes that need to be captured and recorded against the project scope.
- Preparing job cost analysis for management review. Reporting on cost changes, trends and Productivity.
- Completing project final accounts.
- Analysing completed projects to determine project profitability and any opportunities for improvements.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in the civil construction industry with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and ideally have prior experience with either COMAH sites or solar farm construction.
- Must have demonstrated commitment to health and safety protocols in the construction industry.
- You will have good IT skills, particularly in excel and able to learn new systems.
- It is expected that you will be a member of appropriate Trade Body with relevant qualifications/certification as required or working towards an accredited qualification.
- Preferably degree qualified in a related discipline.
- Engaging and inclusive work environment.
- Chance to work on diverse and exciting projects.
If you are an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Estimator with a background in the civil engineering and construction industry, this is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation where your contributions will shape the company’s future.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.