A Quality Environmental Health & Safety CI Lead is wanted to join this forward thinking, growing, international organisation at there Port Talbot Factory
About the Role of Quality Environmental Health & Safety CI Lead
Health, Safety and Environment
- Reporting to the factory manager, the role will work closely with the site management and operations team and collaborate with the other supply chain manufacturing sites.
- Key working relationships with Group Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Energy and Environment, Regulatory Affairs, Procurement and Business systems.
- The role supports the factory manager in providing site KPI reports and is responsible for the site adherence to the QEHS KPI’s.
- External contact will include certification bodies (ISO,UFAS and FAMIQS) and regulatory authorities (Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Marine) in Ireland
- Implementation of Group Health, Safety, Energy and Environmental policy and standards
- Perform & Review Health and Safety risk assessments and implement associated Safe Systems of Work
- Carry out site Health and Safety inspections and rectify any non-compliances found with the department head
- Lead Auditor for all external audits (ISO,UFAS and FAMIQS)
- Co-ordinate review of site QMS procedures & ensure site adherence to group Quality Policies/procedures
Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Proactive development of the group CI programme including championing of Visual Management and use of appropriate problem-solving methodologies.
- Ensuring that the site daily management system, KPI reviews and continuous improvement forums are embedded at all levels on site.
- Facilitate the development, implementation & governance of business process improvement projects
- Coaching and mentoring of employees at all levels in the use of CI tools
- At least two years’ experience working in a Quality or Health and Safety management environment.
- Experience in food and/or feed industry/environment is essential.
- Green belt or higher certification in lean management would be an advantage
- You should ideally be able to demonstrate competence and knowledge of the structure and auditing of management systems, e.g. ISO 9001 or similar; The application of HACCP systems to Level 3 (Intermediate) standard; NEBOSH General Certificate or International Certificate in General Health and Safety (NCRQ).
- You will have good IT and analytical skills.
What’s in it for you…
- Salary up to 37k per year dependant on experience
- Performance related pay reviews
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Healthcare scheme
- Onsite Parking
- Enhanced Pension
- Profit Related Pay Scheme
- On-going training and career progression available
- Join an award winning, growing company where people are at the heart of the business
What do you do now…
Hit the apply button below or call Claire 01267610900 if you require any further information.