This international company have a large presence across the UK and this role as a Quality Manager will be based at the Felinfach, Lampeter site in beautiful West Wales.
What will you be doing;
Day to day running of the quality control laboratory team with delivery of timely, accurate and precise analytical results. Setting priorities for the team to meet business requirements.
• Management and review of laboratory data demonstrating effective communication of any escalated adverse trends or significant issues in a timely manner.
• Lead and contribute to investigations of NCR’s, NCP, complaints or adverse trends.
• Support as a subject matter expert within continuous improvement A3 problem solving workshops and investigations.
• Management of laboratory, ensuring full compliance at all times.
• Management of site due diligence programmes e.g., Product Micro, Chemical testing; adherence to testing schedules.
• Timely release of conforming product post quality control activities ensuring SLA is achieved.
• Champion of ISO standards and compliance across all laboratory testing activities and requirements, ensuring these are up to date and accurate at all times.
• Manual holder for all laboratory documents within the Quality Management System.
• Adherence to the PDR process including the laboratory team development and succession planning, in line with companies’ core values
• Management of adherence to GLP.
• Responsible for ensuring training and delivery plans are in place to enable teams to have the appropriate (technical) skills and competency, both for technical & operational staff.
A little about you;
You would manage a team of 5 Lab Techs, 1 Lab Admin and 2 QA techs therefore previous management, supervisory experience is essential.
- Ideally educated to a degree level within a food science, food technology or microbiological discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a technical supervisory or management role within the food industry (and preferably dairy).
- Experience in the operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and methodologies.
- Experience with food and feed safety management systems and with dealing with customer audits and external certification audits (eg.ISO9001, FSSC22000, FEMAS, ISO17025)
- Qualifications: Lead Auditor – (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP or equivalent (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Experience of electronic document management
What’s in it for you;
- Salary depending on experience and qualifications up to 40k
- 40hrs per week working in the Technical Department
- Fully site based
- 25 days including Bank Holidays
- Profit Related Pay Scheme when eligible
- Free parking onsite
- On-going training and career progression available
- Work within a fantastic location in beautiful West Wales for an international company who is growing from strength to strength.
What do you do now…
Hit the apply button below or call Claire 01267610900 for more information