WHO ARE THEY
Quality Technician; an opportunity to join a close-knit team within quality assurance. Lab experience is a must! If you’re looking for an opportunity to work for a company that recognises hard work then this is the place for you.
The position averages at 41 hours per week, working one weekend in every three, with an annual salary of £22,176 with a £1500 shift allowance.
To carry out daily quality control checks (chemical/ physical/ microbiological and sensory); to aid in maintaining documentation of the Laboratory and Quality Management System and to monitor the factory.
Main duties will include:
- Recognise and report any food safety and H&S issues.
- Guarantee any non-conforming raw materials or finished products have correctly followed the NCR procedure.
- Assisting with investigations into product non-conformance, customer and supplier complaints.
- Gather, review and archive daily production paperwork
- Ensure a well-run and efficient laboratory service is offered to the production facility and manage relevant documentation/ records as required.
- Conduct analytical testing of product and other samples according to the approved QMS and set company methodology
- Conduct sensory analysis of product and raw materials by arranging/participating in sensory panels
- To be aware of the values expected for the test values and thereby notify the Site Quality Manager and/or Quality Compliance Manager of all test results that fall outside of the specification limits.
- Ensure laboratory and in-process test equipment is maintained and calibrated to ensure its correct performance.
- Responsible for the ordering of laboratory consumables and stock control of laboratory goods.
- Lab experience is a must.
- Able to work under pressure.
- ‘Can do’ Attitude in the face of problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Proactive and helpful
- Able to be a team player.