Senior Firmware Engineer wanted to join this specialist technical solution provider due to business growth. Based in Aberystwyth, Mid Wales with far reaching sea views from the site.
Salary up to £55K plus twice yearly profit share
Join a growing, employee owned organisation
Fantastic benefits package
What will you be doing;
- Design and implement firmware for embedded systems, ensuring efficient and robust operation.
- Develop, execute, and maintain test procedures for firmware, ensuring reliability and compliance with specifications.
- Profile and optimise firmware for performance, power consumption, and memory usage.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to ensure seamless integration of firmware with electronic components.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for firmware code, algorithms, and validation results.
- Conduct peer code reviews and provide guidance to junior firmware engineers, fostering best practices and continuous improvement.
- Stay updated with the latest firmware development tools, methodologies, and industry trends.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve embedded software issues.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure that firmware adheres to industry safety and compliance standard
What do you need for the position of Senior Firmware Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. A Master’s degree or higher is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in firmware or embedded software development.
- Solid problem-solving, analytical, and debugging skills.
- Proficiency in embedded C/C++ programming.
- Familiarity with various microcontroller architectures and their peripherals, especially arm.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle, including version control (e.g. Git), debugging, and testing.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, and USB.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skill
- Industrial communications experience such as Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet IP and PLC integration
- Electronics circuit design
- Awareness of FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance requirements
- Experience working to ISO13485 standards
What is in it for you;
- Salary up to £55K depending on skills and experience plus favourable profit share paid twice yearly
- 20 days holiday Plus bank holidays along with additional shutdown between Christmas & New Year (approximately 5 extra days leave). The annual increases with service to 26 days.
- Death in service
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Relocation package if applicable, for the successful candidate (negotiated on an individual basis, dependent on role).
- Plus much more….
What to do now
Hit the apply button below or call Claire for a confidential chat on 01267610900
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community