To provide Environmental, Support Services and General Maintenance to the Wales site. This includes site Environmental including waste management systems and to aid on site projects and improvements. Proactively engage with all personnel to help guide and aid understanding in all EHS & Site Services on the Wales site.
- To be responsible in processing general, clinical, and hazardous waste by:
- Maintaining service areas, coordinating removal and processing of trade effluent, hazardous and clinical waste
- Maintaining, processing, and housekeeping of department areas
- To obtain and review required documentation for contractors who attend the site, update contractor control spreadsheets and issue permits to work and where required accompany contractors.
- To ensure that the Wales Site general maintenance, work orders, diesel deliveries and environmental monitoring such as Legionella testing, pH monitoring etc. is undertaken in a timely manner.
- To ensure that there is minimal impact to the Manufacturing team with regards to effluent, adverse weather including pre, during and post general hours for gritting, tanker collection etc.
- To produce H&S COSHH and Risk Assessments as required.
- To maintain standards to ensure the site meets government regulations and environmental standards.
- To organise effluent, waste, pest control and diesel collections (not inclusive) and onboarding contractors.
- To be proficient in performing low level projects including raising the required Change Controls
- To participate in external and internal audits and performing area inspections in the department areas
- To update relevant documentation, including basic office tasks and raise EHS incident reports and complete EHS actions in a timely manner.
- To deputise for the EHS & SS Lead role in key meetings
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with Company values.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the Line Manager.
Education and Experience
- A good standard of general education.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable although training will be provided.
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate a level of understanding of commonly used office software such as excel and word.
- Forklift training will be provided.
- Familiarity with risk assessments and COSHH assessments would be desirable although not essential, as training would be provided.
- Environmental qualification would be desirable although not essential as training would be provided (IOSH Managing Safely, Environmental & Waste training etc.)
- Understanding of Environmental ISO 14001 Standards
- Understanding and knowledge of Waste regulations to ensure compliance.
Skills and Attributes
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Needs to be methodical, organised and show attention to all detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise urgent tasks (when required)
- Teamwork skills and the ability to motivate others.
- A proactive, practical, flexible approach to work.
- To deal with contractors daily.
- Ability to work without supervision once training completed and as a part of a team to ensure that all tasks are met.
- Have a flexible and willing attitude, planned on-call rota for weekends and overtime will be required to deliver departmental activities on a pre-planned requirement.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.