Becoming a Service Delivery Engineer undertaking this important role will involve you performing various duties to the best of your ability.
What to expect
Our client is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join their team, to be responsible for the on-going operation of IT service delivery in Abercynon, and as part of a global virtual team providing remote assistance to installations around the world. Also, delivering a professional IT service, based on appropriate recognised best practice to support the companies evolving business goals.
Areas of Responsibility
- Be the first point of contact for IT issues. Take ownership of IT issues and follow them through to ensure they are complete even if passed to another colleague in the IT team.
- Work within a virtual team to provide support to staff around the globe with IT issues, escalating where necessary to other teams. You are responsible for any escalated calls and will ensure that these are resolved acceptably to both parties.
- Support local systems, such as storage, telecoms, and networking.
- Manage company phone systems and time clock systems.
- Responsible to ensure adequate backups are completed.
- Monitor the availability of global systems through existing portals and log, resolve and escalate issues.
- Providing technical assistance and training to computer users on the application software, hardware, and computer services.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers on software, hardware, telecommunication for leased line and telephone system to maintain proper relationship for better maintenance and support for local systems.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of ITOL service management and process execution is a benefit.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems, MCSE desirable.
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere infrastructure, VCP desirable.
- Knowledge of HP server and storage technologies.
- Experience of working in a global multinational company
Why Our Client?
Our client is a global manufacturer of electronic components and provider of manufacturing services.
- Ability to internalise and advocate the customer’s position.
- Operates with the upmost integrity.
- Effective time management.
- Strong team focus.
- Logical, thorough, and process-based delivery style.
- Precise and have attention to detail, meeting commitments and delivering continual improvement within communicated and well managed budgetary restrictions.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community