We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented, driven individual to join our team as a Site Inventory Controller to deliver stock accuracy in line with business expectations, ensuring all stock movements are documented and conform to the expected auditable standards, to ensure production is never hindered due to availability of raw materials and to execute inventory control measures to ensure minimal stock holding.
WHO ARE THEY:
An exciting opportunity to work in the Site Inventory team for our client within the food manufacturing industry, based in Narberth.
- Maintain inventory accuracy in line with targets by running weekly, monthly, and annual stock take’s (Perpetual Inventory)
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory, and maximizing available working capital.
- Control of stock movements and accuracy at PG and external sites.
- Ensure all raw material orders are placed on a weekly basis, in line with monthly production forecast and agreed buffer provided by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager to ensure raw material deliveries are planned in conjunction with outbound loads.
- Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Control all documentation relating to FG and RM movements throughout.
- Control writes offs and quality transactions through Sage200.
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Oversee and provide support to Logistics and Warehouse teams for all NPL orders and transactions through Globe.
- Maintain 100% accuracy with Globe POs on monthly basis.
- Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems and ERP– Sage 200 is preferred.
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management / purchasing
- Experience of lean manufacture, Kanban and kaizen continuous improvement or similar production tools within a low volume, high quality manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
- Able to build relationships with all managers and employees and provide guidance and direction.
- Is self-motivated, consistently applies energy and enthusiasm to the job.
- Able to work off own initiative.
- Applies sound judgment and able to make decisions.
- Can plan resources and priorities.
- Applies a “can do” attitude and challenges and supports the team to do the same.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.