Our client is well established in the pharmaceutical industry, focusing on emergency care and rare diseases, the company is a dedicated ally to healthcare providers treating patients with critical conditions.
The role is based in the offices in Ceredigion, Wales. Current working practices require 3 days a week on-site, 2 days remote. This is subject to change at the company’s discretion but is currently expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
The successful applicant will be required to travel to their offices in Surrey for approximately one week per month to work with teams based in that office. There may on occasion be further requirements to travel to France and other locations as required by the group.
- To control the financial ledgers.
- To analyse and report on financial data to ensure stakeholders receive timely, accurate and relevant information to enable them to make effective decisions.
- To ensure accurate preparation of all statutory and ad hoc reporting requirements
- To maintain key data sources and master data
- To assist in other UK finance matters, where required and as suitable to the role and capacity.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining reliable and accurate accounting records, including posting month-end adjustments such as accruals, stock adjustments and provisions, prepayments, depreciation and similar
- Preparing or reviewing P&L and balance sheet reconciliations, and other month-end and year-end close reports
- Producing monthly management accounts and supporting analyses, including ad hoc analysis as required
- Preparing and assisting with all statutory reporting requirements including annual reports, corporation tax and VAT returns, national statistics etc
- Supporting the Financial Controller in facilitating audits and HMRC inspections
- Supporting the Financial Controller in monitoring and maintaining cash balances
- Assistance with budget and forecast preparation.
- Maintaining and reconciling key data sources for commercial Power BI reporting
- Maintaining master data, such as mapping tables, which support the reporting environment.
- Administering key finance systems (e.g., Sage 200, Sicon WAP, Concur, online banking)
- Assisting with system change activities
- On occasion, providing cover for other finance team members.
- Reviewing payments and sales order requests
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Advanced Excel skills: very comfortable with core functions such as Pivot Tables, SUMIFS, XLOOKUP etc, text functions and working with complex formulas which combine multiple functions to manage large data sets.
- Experience with Power Query and Power Pivot, and advanced functions such as FILTER, SUMPRODUCT etc would be a great also!
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA)
- Highly financially and linguistically literate
- Diligent and methodical with good attention to detail
- Commercially aware and interested in understanding the business.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage different priorities.
- Experience of Sage 200, or with other similar accounting packages
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 25 annual leave days plus bank holidays and 3 annual company closure days (to be taken between Christmas and New year)
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discretionary Bonus Plan
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Academic Study Assistance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.