We are looking to recruit an experienced Supplier Quality Assurance Manager to join this forward thinking, growing organisation in the Felinfach, Ceredigion Factory.
About the Role
- You will lead and manage the safety and quality of all raw materials and packaging supplied to the factory in Felinfach.
- You will ensure that the appropriate quality assurance, legal compliance and food and feed safety programmes are operating throughout the supply chain according to the principles of ISO9001, FSSC22000 and FEMAS and any other standards at supplying sites and are aligned with the compliance requirements at Felinfach.
- You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement of product and process through the effective implementation of supplier controls, technical KPI reviews, A3 problem solving and RCA, auditing and follow up on corrective and preventative actions plans with focus on validation of the supply chain HACCP and Quality plans.
- You will need to build a strong, collaborative and trusting but assertive working relationship with the various raw material suppliers at both technical and operational level.
- You will also need to build strong working relationships with the procurement and manufacturing teams, as well as with key Head Office commercial and technical department functions and the wider company supply functions at different sites as required.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a technical supervisory or management role within the food industry (and preferably dairy).
- Experience with food and feed safety management systems and with dealing with customer audits and external certification audits (eg. BRC, FSSC22000, ISO9001, UFAS, FEMAS).
- Qualifications: Lead Auditor FSSC22000 and ISO9001 (Essential).
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP or equivalent (Essential).
- Strong technical knowledge of Microbiological and Analytical requirements for food safety and quality.
- This is predominantly a site based role with travel to other sites and suppliers across the UK. You will need to live within commutable distance of the Felinfach factory.
What’s in it for you…
- Salary up to £45,000 dependant on experience
- Car allowance
- Onsite Parking
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- Profit Related Pay Scheme
- On-going training and career progression available
What do you do now…
If you are a motivated Quality Assurance Manager-Supplier who is always seeking to achieve continuous improvement – inherent dissatisfaction with average performance, then we invite you to apply by clicking the button below and we will be in touch….
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community