Technical Author wanted to join this specialist technical solution provider due to growth based in Aberystwyth, Mid Wales.
What will you be doing;
To develop comprehensive documentation for new and existing products through proactive collaboration with R&D, Process Engineering and FoH teams.
The Technical Writer will develop a deep understanding of products to translate complex product information into professional user-friendly content.
- Developing User Manuals, and Quick Start Guides for ABER’s electronic instrumentation.
Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely across departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organise, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralised storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organisational
and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
A little about you and your skills;
- Degree in a relevant technical field.
- Industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Previous experience writing and publishing technical Journal articles, procedural material, website help and FAQ’s for multiple audiences.
- The ability to read and understand complex Engineering Drawings and Specifications.
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Professional certification in technical communication – desirable.
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation – desirable.
- Experience in CCMS platforms – desirable
What is in it for you;
- Onsite Parking
- Flexible working with partial remote working option
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Competitive Salary between 40-43k dependant on experience
- 20 days holiday Plus bank holidays along with additional shutdown between Christmas & New Year
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Profit share
- Join an employee owned organisation with a strong growth vision.
What to do now
Hit the apply button now or email [email protected] for more information
*Closing date Friday 16 September