WHO ARE THEY:
Our client is an established European manufacturing company, increasingly growing in demand! Located in the beautiful Llangadog countryside!
They are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to provide guidance and on-going support to ensure compliance with Quality/ Safety/Environmental Regulatory policies, Food Safety Programmes, and customer requirements.
£40 – £60k depending on experience
Hours to be discussed
- Ensuring Technical targets are met within deadlines, without compromising quality or control of costs.
- Ensuring good housekeeping is maintained.
- Ensuring that Quality, H&S and other Company policies are adhered to.
- Maintaining good employee relations and promoting equality of opportunity
- Ensuring SOP’S are adhered to.
- Legality, Integrity, and Food Safety – Provide the lead for the site on all these issues and ensure absolute compliance.
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement – Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing 8 Step Practical Problem Solving and other appropriate methodologies.
- Manage Quality Assurance – Maintain product quality and adherence to GMP through management of the Quality Assurance, Hygiene and Auditing teams and process to deliver agreed product specifications as defined in quality standards and policies.
- Facilitate the implementation of Quality Standards by ensuring the necessary training and support is made available to all functional areas – Empower all teams to undertake quality training activities by providing technical training to personnel.
- Manage Factory Audits (Including Customer and 3rd Party) – Ensure that internal audits are carried out to verify compliance against defined standards and codes of practice. Also manage the customer / 3rd Party Quality audit process as it relates to factory aspects.
- Manage the resolution and close out of issues / incidents which have been identified as part of the audit process – Key activities will include providing guidance and support to all other functions to ensure issues are risk assessed as necessary and appropriate corrective actions identified.
- Hygiene Management – Drive hygiene standards across the site to deliver an efficient and effective service. Use key measures to support this activity.
- Build Sustainability through people – Create value through fully committed and thorough people development throughout the Employee Lifecycle. Attract, Develop, Engage, and Inspire team members to achieve individual roles, Company Values and optimal company performance:
- ü Train team members to standard
- ü Development Planning for success
- ü Encourage & Foster Team Working across the Quality team and other functional areas.
- ü Focus on Coaching, Feedback, Performance Management & Evaluation
- Health and Safety Management – Site contact for Health and safety, driving safety standards across the site. Use key measures to support this activity.
- Environmental Management – Site contact for Environmental compliance, driving environmental standards across the site. Use key measures to support this activity.
People Management Duties
- As part of the management team, checking and adjusting staff levels to ensure the most efficient running of the department.
- As part of the management team, managing employees effectively and addressing any issues that arise in a professional manner by always ensuring legislative compliance and best practice- seek advice from HR when necessary.
- As part of the management team, conducting return to work interviews with departmental staff, ensuring completion of a Return-to-Work Form and forwarding to HR.
- As part of the management team, reviewing the performance of departmental staff- setting objectives for their training and development, providing support, and creating opportunities for their training and development, providing feedback, and evaluating the effectiveness and performance improvement.
- Ensuring compliance with Employee Handbook for all departmental staff.
- Maintaining good employee relations and promoting equality of opportunity.
- Working within the Company Values.
Health and Safety Duties
- Attending relevant H&S meetings.
- Carry out accident investigation to establish root causes and put in place measures to eliminate re-occurrence.
- Maintaining H&S and hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations.
- Ensuring that all staff and visitors in the department always wear appropriate PPE.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community