Project Engineer | Daily Rate (Competitive)
Based in Milford Haven with occasional travel
Leading energy sector company embarking on an exciting long-term project which will give new functionality to the site and extend the life of the facility.
SALARY: Competitive Day Rate
- Project Engineer will coordinate the engineering interfaces between Engineering Contractor, Project team and the site. They will provide specialist project related advice and compliance function in the conformance with engineering and Company standards.
- This role is responsible for ensuring and setting up the technical assurance activities around the project scope, budget, schedule, and HSE to meet the agreed Life Cycle, Business, and Operability targets agreed with the Site Management and Advisors.
- The Project Engineer is responsible for co-ordinating all engineering aspects of the project between suppliers, contractors and site.
- You will be the prime contact and lead for all technical aspects including co-ordinate engineering, fabrication and quality activities between Engineering Contractor, Suppliers and Sub Suppliers to ensure on time delivery meeting all quality and schedule requirements.
- You will ensure the Engineering Surveillance Plan is followed to ensure Company standards and requirements are met.
- Ensuring accurate documentation is maintained by contractors (red lined drawings) and final documentation is issued prior to Start Up.
- Responsible for co-ordinating, with the contractor, all offsite inspections and visits.
- Propose and implement continuous and effective improvement.
- Ensure design or engineering holds are promptly addressed to ensure efficient design progress and adherence to principle of get it right first time
- Identify for management review options and recommendations to resolve any technical issues
WHAT YOU WILL NEED..
- Degree in major engineering discipline or equivalent
- Professional Engineer status registered Institution or Engineering Council or equivalent
- Extensive, broad relevant process, mechanical, project engineering and project services experience in the oil and gas industry, ideally with a knowledge of cryogenic plant requirements
- Experience in the preparation and implementation of consultant, design, construction and material supply contracts.
- IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office suite and in particular Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge and experience of all facets of the implementation of engineering investment projects from conception through to completion.
- Relevant Project Commissioning and Start up experience
- Experience in risk management and safety design